Cash Loans for Assistive Technology and Employment
Illinois has a loan program specifically for people with disabilities.
ILoans are available to purchase assistive technology for daily living.
ILoans are also available to reduce or eliminate barriers to employment. These loans would be used to purchase assistive technology as well as office equipment, machineries, or other items for employment, self-employment, home based employment or telework.
Credit Builder Loans are available to individuals with no credit or extremely poor credit as a way to improve their credit rating while acquiring needed assistive technology.
Some facts about ILoans:
- Loan amounts range from $1,001 to $30,000
- Loans for home modification are limited to a maximum of $5,000
- Interest rates range from 4% to 6%
- Loans are made for 95% of the purchase price of the item(s)
- Hearing aid applicants must have an evaluation by an audiologist
- Loans are not available for a non-modified vehicle unless there is proof that it will be modified by another agency or it is for employment.
- A $25.00 processing fee is due at the time of loan closing.
Some facts about Credit Builder Loans:
- Loan amounts range from $250 to $1,000
- Interest rate is 4%
- The term is 12 to 24 months depending on loan amount.
- Loans are made for 100% of the purchase price of the item(s)
- No processing fee.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize our ILoan application website.