Illinois Assistive Technology Program Careers
ILLINOIS ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
JOB TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
WORK HOURS: 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The SLP will be responsible for conducting Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) equipment evaluations for school districts and co-ops throughout the state and to provide basic programming and/or training on the AAC devices as needed.
The SLP is employed by IATP and is supervised by the Senior Speech Pathologist.
- Provide AAC equipment evaluations to students in the school setting.
- Schedule caseloads and maintains documentation on evaluations conducted.
- Provide written reports to appropriate school personnel in a timely manner.
- Travel as necessary to conduct evaluations and training.
- Participate in continuing education experiences so as to adhere to best practices of the profession.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed Speech and Language Pathologist in the State of Illinois. Knowledge of assistive technology devices and software appropriate for individuals with disabilities is preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Sensitivity to the needs of persons with disabilities and their families. Position requires extensive travel within the state. Base of operations will be at IATP, work location preferably in Springfield IL but is negotiable.
If interested, please submit the following electronically to Willie Gunther at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Please refer to www.iltech.org under Careers for more information.